FREE when you spend
Get FREE local delivery to Ashburton & Chagford when you spend £50 or more
Click & collect from
Ashburton or Chagford.
Open Mon - Sat 10am - 6pm
REGION: Alentejo, Portugal
VARIETIES: Touriga Nacional 40%, Aragonez 30%, Alicante Bouschet 20%, Trincadeira 10%
VITICULTURE: Organically grown grapes
INFO: Herdade do Rocim is associated with the Sustainable Program of the Alentejo Viticulture. This wine is made from organically grown grapes; 70% of the vineyard is certified and the remaining 30% is in conversion.
The wine was made following a philosophy of minimal intervention, the grapes fully destemmed, lightly crushed and cold macerated to extract aroma and flavour. Fermentation took place in small stainless steel vats at 24°C with indigenous yeasts. The wine was aged for three months in 300 to 500 litre French oak barrels.
This vibrant blend of native Portuguese grapes delivers exuberant aromas of red berries complemented by subtle spicy notes. Textured on the palate with silky tannins enveloping the fruit through to a long, delicious finish.
Three miniatures of Fonseca port, including one 5cl bottle each of the following: Siroco white port (best served chilled), Bin 27 reserve port and the 2014 Late Bottled Vintage, all presented in a lovely wooden box with a sliding lid.