Our dates up to end October
Here is a list of the tastings we will be holding on alternative Thursdays up until the end of October. One or two are likely to be very popular, so we'd ask you to contact us to reserve a place and guarantee your spot.
- 8th September - Value at any price: great wines for under £10
What makes a wine more expensive than another? Is a £30 wine really three times better than a £10 one? What goes into the cost of a bottle, and how much goes back to the producer? We'll be looking at all those questions and more, whilst we try a range of great wines that cost under £10.
- 22nd September - Meet the winemaker: Domaine Tournon, Australia (reserve)
Domaine Tournon is Michel Chapoutier's Australian property, and everything they do rings of class. Marco, their CEO, is coming to the UK to talk about what their vision is, and take you through a guided tasting of some of their outstanding wines.
- 6th October - Salcombe Gins: Angus Lugsdin from Salcombe Gins (reserve)
- 20th October - The Big Five (reserve)
A huge majority of the world's wines are made from just five primary grape varieties: Chardonnay, Sauvignon Blanc, Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon and Shiraz/Syrah. We'll be learning how to identify them, why they are so widely used, and tasting some great examples of each of them.
- 3rd November - Fortified wines: Sherries, Ports, Madeiras and more (reserve)
Getting into the colder seasons is always a great time of year to be talking about wonderful, warming fortified wines. We love well-made examples, and they always provide fantastic value for money. Come and learn about their intricate methods of production, and try an especially wide range of styles!
- 17th November - Glassware with Riedel (reserve)
We often get asked about whether or not what you serve your wine in makes a difference. Well, this tasting will definitely answer that question! World-famous glass producer Riedel themselves will be down talking about their unique production methods and how to get the best out of your wine glass choice. Plus, we'll be talking you through our own NEW range of Riedel glassware to buy in store.
- 1st December - CHRISTMAS DINNER WINES: A Special Event. Details TBD.
- 15th December - Winter Warmers: Whiskies, Brandies and other Spirits